This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions, explain how Grocery Basket may use the information we collect about you, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. Please read this policy and our Terms and Conditions carefully; by accessing the Website you confirm to have understood and agreed to them.
When you use our website, we collect and store your personal information provided by you from time to time. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you with a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Website to make your experience safer and easier.
Once you sign in into our website, you are not anonymous to us and the information provided by you at the time of signing in will be stored with us. We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, etc.) from you when you set up an account with us by signing up. While you can browse some sections of our Website without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration.
If you choose to buy on the Website, we collect information about your buying behaviours. We do use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests. If you choose to leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on our Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users.
This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
We collect information about you when you:
- visit the Website, and other sites accessible from the Website.
- register with us and buy products or services on the Website.
- take part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
- contact us e.g. in writing, call customer services.
- Analyzing demographic and profile data about our users' activity on our Website.
- manage and improve the Website.
- personalize our services to you.
- collect your order history.
- administer and operate your account.
- inform you about online offers, products, services and updates
- process your orders, receive payments for the orders.
- resolve a complaint and disputes
- tell you about important changes to the Website and our services.
- understand your shopping behavior to develop and improve our products and services.
- manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
- tailor your experience at our Website, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
- provide safe services, check and verify your identity, and prevent or detect fraud and crime.
- In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings.
- We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website.
- Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
- with offers and information about Grocery Basket products or services
- with offers and information about partners' products or services
- for customer research e.g. to help improve our services
We may supplement the information we collect about you with information we receive from other sources e.g. public registers such as the electoral roll. This allows us to assess the accuracy of the information we hold about you to send you relevant offers and information.
Why do we collect your information?
Collecting your personal information helps to better understand what you need from us. We use your information to:
We may share your personal information across the group companies, affiliates of Grocery Basket so they can provide you with relevant products and services.
We may use and share anonymous information with third parties, however, we would like to reassure you that this never includes your personal information.
Marketing and research
By registering on our website, you agree that we may contact you:
A "cookie" is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. We place both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer's hard drive. The cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
We use data collection devices such as "cookies" on certain pages of the Website to help analyse our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
Disclosing your information
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside the Grocery Basket except where we have your consent, where we are required or permitted to do so by law, the order of the court or other legal and statutory process; to other companies who provide a service to us; or any successors in title to our business.
The Website may contain links to other sites which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. The operators of these sites may collect information from you that will be used by them under their policy, which may differ from ours.
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account.
If you want to remove your contact information from all our lists and newsletters, please opt-out.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Changes to our policy